What do seniors do if they live in a rural area and have to see a doctor, visit family or buy groceries? Will they get behind the wheel when they shouldn’t? If Katherine Freund achieves her dream, a car will come to them.
People may appear at first to be victims solely of domestic violence. But they are also at great risk of having been sexually assaulted, and advocates, medical professionals and the courts need to know to ask.
Fluid Imaging Technologies in Scarborough has been hiring — a lot. How does it attract employees, and what can the state learn from it?
A Maine woman describes her experience with clergy sexual misconduct.
The state estimates about 71,660 Maine adults were in need of treatment for their alcohol or drug addiction in 2010. Yet only 21 percent got that treatment. What will the state do about the remaining 79 percent? Jean Baker has an idea.
“Even the more well-off elderly can oftentimes be one setback from the luxury of buying groceries. I shudder when I say ‘luxury of buying groceries,’ but again it is the one, and oftentimes the only, place they can control their costs. They do without,” summed up Dixie Shaw, program director of hunger and relief services of Catholic Charities Maine in Caribou.
What Medicaid expansion would do for the state’s federally qualified health centers, used by nearly 200,000 Mainers.
Whether you have ever held a MaineCare card or not, switching to a managed care model would affect you.
If you get good grades in high school, you’re probably going to do well in college, despite having modest standardized test scores, according to a first-of-its kind study by a former Bates College admissions dean.
Duane Valley, 81, and his wife, Laura, 82, made the decision together that Duane would stop driving. He has no regrets.